Sunday, March 16, 2008

White House Project

My vision is to have a world-wide organization of women who will dream big, believe in themselves, execute on their ideas and connect with other like minded women. Woman Act Now is an organization that encourages women to achieve their dreams through accountability and execution. I have coached and taught entrepreneurs how to birth their dreams for over 15 years and my passion runs deeply for women to achieve their goals in life. In 2007, I made a decision that for the next five years I would commit myself to birthing my own dream of building a worldwide organization that will have eternal currency in the lives of women. Eternal currency means that my dream will continue to produce effectively long after I am deceased. I am not content with dreaming dreams that I can achieve in my lifetime. I am a passionate, and purposeful communicator and I am using talents, time and treasure to seed into the lives of women to help them live their best life in the now. During the past seven years I have spoken to over 60,000 people and the majority has been women on finances and business. Rather than continuing to organize events to speak on these subjects I closed my company Jabez Events, Inc. in December 2006 to completely focus on educating, empowering and enriching the lives of women. I have been very successful at achieving my goals in life; I have been immensely blessed financially to live the life I dream about. I fell that my coaching and mentoring skills could be exponentially multiplied if I could use the power of technology to connect with women.

Woman Act Now is both an online and chapter based organization focusing on learning, launching and living your dreams. Each month the organization focuses on soft skills training including business etiquette, connect working, self esteem, sales, marketing, negotiations, relationship management and more. Information is conveyed through weekly seminars, monthly meetings, online seminars, video and audio messages. Since December 2007, instead of coaching a few individuals I am mentoring 40 women effectively on executing their goals.


 

Our Mission:

  • Educate women in the area of business and personal finance
  • Develop women leaders who have the heart to mentor others to success
  • Build a community of women both online and offline who connect, support, encourage and do business with each other.
  • Create an online community that implements technology to transcend borders and build strategic alliances, coalitions and affiliations that support and enhance WAN's mission.
  • Expand WAN's reach locally through the establishment of chapter's nationally and internationally
  • To encourage business ownership by women

    To encourage members to support women in developing nations to birth their dreams through micro-economic support


     

    Impact of Woman Act Now on the World

    The impact of Woman Act Now is helping women around the world realize their dreams through nurturing/mentoring relationships with other women. WAN's goal is to effectively start chapters in countries where women entrepreneurs are emerging and cultures are more tolerant of women in leadership. The impact of WAN's reach will include not only it's immediate demographic of women ages 25-64. These are the women in the marketplace who have finished college, starting their careers or businesses as well as seasoned leadership and active members of corporate and the small business community. Out of our WAN chapters will emerge SWAN chapters which are Seasoned Woman Act Now in which we focus on helping women to transition and reposition themselves for doing things that matter most. We are tri-generational in thought in that we must reach forward and backwards to pull the generation behind us towards levels of excellence and determination. The daughters and granddaughters of our WAN and SWAN generation will form our YWAN generation. Young Woman Act Now consists of young women between the ages of 14-25. These classes will be hosted by Woman Act Now chapters in an effort to equip young women in these areas: Self Esteem, Confidence, Greeting, Personal and Business Etiquette, Relationships, Careers, Education, Character Building. Locally we are experiencing the benefit of Woman Act Now in the lives of women who are members representing five states nationally. Women comment on how life changing WAN has been to them in helping them find the missing link which is execution in achieving their goals. We have touched over 100 women since November 2007 who have attended our seminars and monthly meetings. We graduate five women from our Business Mentoring 101 Class in a few weeks. These women have a better understanding of their purpose and their business opportunity as well as a shift in how they view business. Ultimately we desire to report that hundreds of women have launched, grown and maintained their business as a result of their education and empowerment received from Woman Act Now.


     

    What are the skills, funds, relationships or resources that you need to make it happen.

    I posses the skills and leadership to build an organization that can support thousands of women. I have the charisma, knowledge, enthusiasm and faith for others dreams to help them soar. As Woman Act Now grows I will need funds to hire managing directors who can start chapters nationally and internationally. In addition I am seeking relationships with women organizations nationally and internationally primarily in areas where English is understood and spoken. I have currently funded the organization from my personal funds and have one employee to date. I believe as more people become aware of Woman Act Now and experience the life changing information growth will come through word of mouth. The business is created with minimum overhead and immediate revenue and profit potential at critical mass of one thousand members which is my goal in the next 24 months. I will continue to grow the organization organically, invest my personal wealth and within the next 12 to 24 months I am certain I will make a profit. When the organization reaches the critical mass number we will also be able to negotiate opportunities with corporate entities and non-profits to bring added value to the members of the organization.

    I have taken many steps to realize this dream:

    • I made a decision and a commitment to adding to the excellence of others and the vehicle I have chosen is Woman Act Now.
    • I incorporated my business, ACT NOW, Inc. legal entity for Woman Act Now, which is a corporate training and personal success company.
    • I spent several thousand dollars and six months building out my plan on the internet through our site womanactnow.com which has a member only area as well. The member only area is a social network, including personal web pages, personal videos and audios that can be posted by members, private messaging systems, forums and discussions, articles, financial learning center including e-seminars, tax seminars and business seminars at no additional cost for members. Also included are conference calls, web chats and video chats for members. We have online video streaming of motivational and inspirational content.
    • I have hosted meetings since November 2007 locally and have had members from other states to attend.
    • I am doing business and fulfilling my dream daily by touching, communicating or writing some form of information for the members of Woman Act Now.
    • I am penning a book entitled Woman Act Now, Learn, Launch and Live your Dreams to further support the organization and spread the message. The book will be published by Whitaker House Publishing scheduled for release in the fall of 2008.
    • I am scheduling additional events to continue to educate and empower women and grow the organization.


     

    Tell us why you are the right woman to realize your vision.

    I think all women have the right to realize their vision and I think I am exceptionally suited to realize this vision because of the many years of giving to my community for the betterment of peoples financially. Not only am I a giver but I am a doer. I know the difference between dreaming and wishing. Wishing gets you nowhere whereas a well executed vision gets results. I am a woman of my word, and I believe that this one difference and commitment has made the greatest impact on my ability to achieve my goals in life. I guard my word with my life, it is the most important wealth I have and I encourage other women to guard their word above all and be a person of character and integrity. This is a new venture and getting support from others is important to me. I value and welcome relationships and opportunities that can assist in reaching this vision.

    Give an example of leadership

    In 1998 my husband and I were founding partners of UrbanAmerica, L.P. , minority owned and controlled socially conscious private real estate equity fund dedicated to investing in low and moderate communities. The objective for UrbanAmerica at the time was to find income producing properties in the urban communities and attract big box retailers back into the communities to offer services and jobs. UrbanAmerica purchased over 28 properties in several states, created over 1500 jobs and brought products and services to low and moderate communities. Since 1998 we have started another fund and have raised over $500 million combined from public institutions and pension funds. I worked with UrbanAmerica until 2001 and began a new company, Jabez Event, Inc. dedicated to promoting financial responsibility in minority communities. I invested over $250,000 in personal funds, secured $150,000 in private investments, and $100,000 in corporate sponsorships. As CEO of Jabez Event, Inc. we educated over 15,000 individuals in the area of finances in 18 months by hosting ten financial conferences in seven cities (Atlanta (2), Nashville, Orlando, Baltimore, Los Angeles, New York, and Dallas(2)) with attendance ranging from 300 attendees to 3000. My leadership was demonstrated in my ability to organize the events with minimum staff, 4 in total, negotiate and sale the event to male pastoral leadership without a male presence on my leadership team. What is phenomenal about our company is that the events were so life changing that I still receive emails, or meet people in the Dallas area who attended the event. Attendees were able to purchase homes, reduce their debt and start businesses. During the life of the Jabez Event, Inc. the company was responsible for educating over 60,000 individuals in financial responsibility and generational wealth.

    22. Please list three groups in which you are involved, such as volunteer, professional, community or political organizations. Describe your role.

    Boss the Movement founded by Al and Hattie Hollingsworth. I am a lifetime supporter of BOSS the MOVEMENT which is a youth for Business training program. I was instrumental in developing cirruculm to train trainer to train youth in business economics. I served this organization for three years as a trainer of trainers. The cirruculm is taught in several countries including the U.S., Phillipines, Africa, Manilla, and India.

    Woman to Woman – God's Leading Ladies intensive training program – I am a volunteer instructor and have taught on entrepreneurship, life skills, communication and branding. God's Leading Ladies intensive is a program of the Potter's House Church in Dallas, Texas under the leadership of Bishop T.D. Jakes and Serita Jakes.

    Youth in Government Leadership, Hurst, TX – Train youth in presentation skills and the importance of being involved in city government.

No comments: