Sunday, November 11, 2007

a moment of reflection

a thought crossed my mind today and that was to write about something significant that occured in my day. My nieces are visiting from CA this week. Today we played cards for hours. No other forms of entertainment just a deck of cards. When i say hours i mean hours. We laughed, we competed. We won a few and we all lost a few. We played concentration, fish, speed, i declare war, and blackjack. By the time we finished 6 hours had passed. My husband played with them while i prepared dinner. They wouldn't let him go. Immediately after dinner they were back at. I took a break, cleaned the kitchen and rejoined as a team player with my husband intent on pulvarizing them at a game that had little or no strategy at all. It was completely a chance game. My husband and I said that children can be entertained with the simplest of things as long as they have your full attention. It is amazing what you find out about each other in these moments. We love
our nieces and cheris every moment with them.

No comments: